Once I start Veganuary, there are a few things I am going to be giving up. I’ll be gaining some new habits too. So I thought I would write them down to see how they balance out.
- Indian takeaways (ghee).
- Saturday morning scrambled eggs.
- Salmon risotto.
- Cauldron vegetarian sausages – they’ve got ruddy milk in them. And my favourite veggie tinned soups have honey in them.
- Milk in my tea (and occasionally coffee).
- Eating out so much, I think.
- A dress size – you never know!
- A feeling of ease and wellbeing – I love the idea of a cruelty-free diet.
- Reading labels – it seems like I’ll be doing a lot of that.
- Learning how to make tofu scramble and almond butter.
- Experimenting with alterna-milks (or drinking a lot of green tea) and fake cheese.
- Even more guilt about food miles – all those avocados.
- A thick skin when people make those tired vegan jokes.
- Becoming a regular at my local vegan cafe.
- Possible Marmite addiction.